There will be a picket at the Cambridge Fire Station from 12-4pm on Wednesday 25th September 2013
- Please send solidarity to George White: email@example.com
- Better still, go down to the picket line and speak to the firefighters about why you support their dispute!
We’ve been busy over the summer months gathering petitions, including:
- Asking the Council to follow others in refusing to implement the bedroom tax
- Opposing the closure of the Cambridge Mail Centre
- Cambridgeshire Keep Our NHS Public‘s petition against the proposed privatisation of Cambridgeshire Community Services (Word version here). There’ll be a KONP meeting on this topic on Wednesday August 14th, 7.30 pm at the Friends Meeting House, Jesus Lane, Cambridge.
Strike and Protest against Closure of Tax Advice Centre
Please read the following request for support for a strike by Unite members in Peterborough.
Following the nationwide bedroom tax protests, local campaigners are collecting signatures for a petition (pdf) to call on local MPs to reverse the government’s bedroom tax.
Royal Mail plans to close Cambridge’s Mail Centre will affect the area’s businesses, residents and postal workers. If you are concerned about the loss of the Cambridge mail centre, please gather signatures for the Communication Workers Union Petition: Save Cambridge Mail Centre (Word document).