This Saturday (September 28th) at 11am supporters of Keep Our NHS Public will join forces with members of Cambridge People’s Assembly to protest outside Brookfields Hospital, Mill Road, Cambridge, about plans to privatise Cambridgeshire Community Services. Brookfields has wards run by CCS, which is in grave danger of being taken over by a profit-hungry private company like Virgin or Serco unless we stop them.
There will be a picket at the Cambridge Fire Station from 12-4pm on Wednesday 25th September 2013
- Please send solidarity to George White: email@example.com
- Better still, go down to the picket line and speak to the firefighters about why you support their dispute!
We’ve been busy over the summer months gathering petitions, including:
- Asking the Council to follow others in refusing to implement the bedroom tax
- Opposing the closure of the Cambridge Mail Centre
- Cambridgeshire Keep Our NHS Public‘s petition against the proposed privatisation of Cambridgeshire Community Services (Word version here). There’ll be a KONP meeting on this topic on Wednesday August 14th, 7.30 pm at the Friends Meeting House, Jesus Lane, Cambridge.