- No events.
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- UK: Rotherham industrial electronics company has been accused of riding roughshod over collective union agreements
- UK: Uber is no better than an old-fashioned gangmaster – so London’s cabbies are striking
- UK: Protesters to target ME London Hotel’s steakhouse restaurant over alleged service charge scam
- UK: Tube station workers' weekend strike called off by RMT union
- UK: There could be another Tube strike this weekend if crisis talks don’t go well
The Cambridge People’s Assembly, supported by Trade Union UNISON, Global Justice Cambridge and Cambridgeshire KONHS Public, have organised a ‘Say no 2 TTIP’ meeting on 7 October 2015 at 7.30pm. The meeting will be held in the Wesley Methodist Church, Christ Pieces, CB1 1LG. Confirmed are Executive Director of War on Want, John Hilary and Eva Nanopoulus. Eva is a Lecture in European Law and Kings College. The CPA are trying to arrange further guest speakers, and these will be announced when confirmation has been given.
The Trade Union Bill attacks the Trade Unions right to represent members, take industrial action and be an effective voice in the workplace. In short, it heralds the end of worker led representation and collective bargaining in the workplace. Handing all the power to the employer, if you think it’s bad now, wait until this Bill becomes law.